Ivermectin (Stromectol) is an anthelmintic drug used to treat strongyloidiasis, onchocerciasis, and a wide range of other infections caused by parasites. It is a highly potent drug that can help you improve your life quality. Learn more by reading below.
Where to Buy Ivermectin (Stromectol) Over the Counter Online
- Medicine: Ivermectin (Stromectol)
- Dosage: 12 mg, 6 mg, 3 mg
- Price: from $1.75 per pill
Get Rid of Parasite Infection Fast – Take Ivermectin (Stromectol)
Ivermectin (Stromectol), particularly its active substance ivermectin, is a unique medication. Why? This drug has brought a Nobel Prize to its discoverers. Not many other drugs can boast that. Ivermectin (Stromectol) is a potent anti-parasite preparation officially approved by the FDA for the treatment of strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis.
However, ivermectin is effective for a much wider range of parasite infections.
In the United States, this medication is available by prescription, though, in some other countries, you can buy Ivermectin (Stromectol) pills over-the-counter. Consult your GP about the possibility of using Ivermectin (Stromectol) in your medical condition.
Some parasite infections don’t respond to the therapy with this drug, so you should be sure the pathogen causing your disease is susceptible to ivermectin.
Indications for Use. How Does Ivermectin (Stromectol) Work?
Your healthcare provider may recommend taking Ivermectin (Stromectol) to cope with pediculosis, scabies, whipworm infection, or ascariasis. This medication can also be helpful in people dealing with lymphatic filariasis – a disease caused by filarial worms, which affects the lymphatic system. In rare cases, it causes a disease called elephantiasis.
On getting into the human body, the active substance of the medication affects the nerve and muscle cells of the pathogens, causing their paralysis and death. Despite its high efficacy, Ivermectin (Stromectol) can cope with larval worms only.
They are parasitic nematodes at an early stage of their development. By destroying them, Ivermectin (Stromectol) helps you to get rid of the symptoms of infection. However, the drug can’t kill adult worms.
So you’ll have to take at least one course of treatment with this drug annually to reduce their activity and prevent the development of the infection.
To keep the worms causing river blindness at bay, you will have to take an annual course of treatment for 10 – 15 years, which is an average lifespan of these parasites.
Ivermectin (Stromectol) Dosages. What Is the Right for You?
Ivermectin (Stromectol) is produced in the pill form only, though ivermectin is also available in other formulations. Every tablet of Ivermectin (Stromectol) contains 3 mg of the active substance.The dosage recommendations significantly differ depending on the disease and your weight.
An adult person weighing more than 80 kg needs 200 mcg of ivermectin per kilogram of weight to treat strongyloidiasis. If your weight is lower, you should use the dosage guidelines given in the patient’s leaflet. For other medical conditions, your doctor may give other dosing recommendations.
By no means should you take Ivermectin (Stromectol) without consulting your GP. If used in high doses, this drug may cause severe adverse effects, including abdominal pain, rash, dizziness, headache, and others.
How to Take Ivermectin (Stromectol)? General Advice on Use
If this is the first time you are going to take Ivermectin (Stromectol), take time to learn about its safe use. By following the pieces of advice given below, you will be able to minimize the risks of unwanted reactions to the drug and make the therapy maximum effective.
- It’s important that you take Ivermectin (Stromectol) with enough liquid. Drink at least a glass of water to wash the pill down.
- Ivermectin is poorly absorbed from the gastric tract. This process may be slowed down even more if you ingest a pill with a meal. Take Ivermectin (Stromectol) on an empty stomach. Don’t eat any food at least an hour after the intake.
- Depending on the recommendations you get from your GP, take the full daily dose at a time, or divide it into several intakes.
- Don’t give this drug to children younger than 5 years old or weighing less than 15 kg.
- You may be more prone to developing adverse effects if you have liver disease. Talk to your GP about the pros and cons of using Ivermectin (Stromectol) in your case.
- One of the possible reactions to the drug is dizziness. You shouldn’t do any activity requiring alertness, like driving a car, until you know your reaction to the drug.
- Limit alcohol consumption when on Ivermectin (Stromectol) to reduce the risks of unwanted effects.
- Breastfeeding women may take Ivermectin (Stromectol) only if the potential benefits for the mother prevail on the possible risks for the nursing baby.
- There’s not enough evidence of Ivermectin (Stromectol) safety during pregnancy, so pregnant women should avoid taking this medication.
Ivermectin (Stromectol) is a highly potent anthelmintic preparation, which can cope with parasitic infections. This medicine is the first-line treatment for many diseases caused by roundworms, hookworms, and parasitic arthropods. Ivermectin (Stromectol) is safe and well-tolerated if taken in the recommended doses.
Consult your doctor for more detail and start dealing with your infection today.